Southeastern Montgomery County Chapter 468
Monthly Meeting Minutes
June 9, 2015
7:30 meeting called to order
President: Rich Terry
Treasurer: Dennis O’Gara
Secretary: Clem Mclaughlin
Membership: Dennis Mora
Minutes from previous meeting
· Rich participated in a Trout in the classroom project at a Hatboro school (grades 2nd & 5th). The day involved releasing their fish into the Neshaminy Creek at Tyler State park, fly fishing demonstrations/ lessons along with some stream ecology. The kids enjoyed the day and learned a lot about Trout.
· Mike Wilson is investigating the possibility of our Chapter conducting a clean-up day in the Trust. A late Fall date is most likely.
· Mike is also exploring options to conduct a stream enhancement project on the Pennypack.
· Our Chapter picnic will be September 12, 2015 at Lorimer Park.
· A day of service is scheduled for October 17, 2015. Our tree planting project continues olong the headwaters of the Pennypack Creek.
· Rich hopes everyone enjoys a good summer. The Chapter trip this year is to the Yellowstone area. 9 members are going. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
· The Sporting Gentleman fly shop will be moving on 6/27 to its new location in Glen Mills , PA. The new shop will be located along a feeder branch to the Chester Creek and will feature a restaurant and expanded retail space.
· Cheltenham Township held its 57th annual fishing derby. 120 kids enjoyed the day catching trout with bamboo rods.
· Eric Stroup offers monthly podcasts for a fee. Members are eligible to stay at his lodge along the Little Juniata River for a reasonable fee.
· Ben Turpin: hatches and tactics for eastern PA streams.
Back to Southeastern Montgomery County Trout Unlimited Chapter's home site