Southeastern Montgomery County Chapter 468
Monthly Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2016
7:30 meeting called to order
Rich Terry, President
Dennis O’Gara, Treasurer
Clem Mclaughlin, Secretary
Dennis Mora, Membership
Minutes from previous meeting: read and approved
Treasurer’s report: read and approved
· The Chapter banquet is Saturday, March 12, 2016 6-10 PM. The location is the Willow Grove Moose Hall on Davisville Rd. Cost is $30.00 per person and you are welcome to pay at the door. There will be good food, entertainment by our own “Old Farm Productions” and some terrific prizes to be won.
· The Lancaster Fly Fishing Show was Saturday and Sunday, March 5 & 6. Chapter members Rich, Mike, Al, Don, Clem, Dennis and Chris attended one or both days and manned our ticket booth. We sold a lot of tickets and had a really good time! Thanks to all for your continued support of Chapter activities.
· Fishing trip opportunity: On the Lehigh River near White Haven, PA. Thursday, March 10th. Contact Mike W. if interested.
· The Chapter continues to accept donations via our PayPal account. All funds donated are appreciated and used for Chapter projects.
· The Valley Forge Chapter is having their annual event on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 1 PM at the Greater Valley High School. This is always a great time with a chance to win some very good prizes.
· Fishing trip opportunity: On Penns Creek, April 14th – 17th. The cost is $10.00 per person per day. Bring a sleeping bag and food. Attend the next Chapter meeting on April 12th. At 7:30 for more information.
· Chapter outing and outreach event: Children’s fishing Derby, Saturday April 23, 2016 from 8 AM - 1 PM at Lorimer Park. The local Lions Club is the event coordinator and we assist them with helping the kid’s set-up the fishing rods and giving a few pointers to new anglers. This event is always a good time. Come out for the day or stop by to say hello.
· The Chapter will be conducting a stream flow enhancement project on the Pennypack Creek in the Trust this summer. It will begin in June and continue until complete. We’ll meet on Saturday’s and work from about 8 AM - noon. A lot of member support and participation will be needed to complete this project. Please consider setting some time aside to participate.
· Tim O’Neill, from O’Neill’s Irish Flies gave an excellent presentation on fly fishing the Brandywine River.
Back to Southeastern Montgomery County Trout Unlimited Chapter's home site