Southeastern Montgomery County Chapter 468
Monthly Meeting Minutes
December 13, 2016
7:30 meeting called to order
Rich Terry, President
Al Cahoun, Vice President
Dennis O’Gara, Treasurer
Clem McLaughlin, Secretary
Minutes from previous meeting read and approved
Treasurer’s report read and approved
· Chapter Elections conducted. Al Cahoun to step down as Vice President. Don Rank nominated for Vice President. All other positions ran un-opposed and were re-elected to a new term.
President: Rich Terry
Vice President: Don Rank
Treasurer: Dennis O’Gara
Secretary: Clem McLaughlin
Board Member, Dennis Mora (membership)
Board Member, Mike Wilson (programs/projects)
Board Member, Mike Mulray (website manager)
· A motion was made to increase the number of board members to five. Areas of responsibility to be determined and elections conducted at a future date.
· Looking forward we are asking for ideas to grow our Chapter and raise funds. Some ideas are; to change the location of our banquet to the Trust visitor’s center, improve our website, conduct an instructional “fly fishing 101 day”, and reach out to women and youth. Member participation in all areas as well as other ideas are needed
· The Creek Rd. Bridge in the Trust will be pointed and improved.
· The Trust is accepting donations for tree plantings $31.25 per tree.
· New business continued:
· Chapter Polar Bear outing will be held on January 14, 2017 at 10 AM. Meet at the Creek Rd.
· Rich contacted Gander Mountain to introduce our Chapter to them and request support for our fund raising efforts.
· Fly tying sessions will begin on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7-8:30 PM in the basement of the office building. Beginners are most welcome.
· The wildlife leadership academy in Lewisburg, PA will be hosting a 5-day teen residency field school. Paperwork is available at the Chapter meetings.
· The 2017 annual Chapter trip will be to Wyoming July 1 – July 8 it’s not too late to sign up.
· The 2018 trip will be to Bristol Bay, Alaska. Projected dates are late August or early September.
· Bob Ballantyne with a presentation on fishing around Key West.
Back to Southeastern Montgomery County Trout Unlimited Chapter's home site