Southeastern Montgomery County Chapter 468
Monthly Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2015
7:30 meeting called to order
President: Rich terry
Treasurer: Dennis O’Gara
Membership: Dennis Mora
Secretary: Clem McLaughlin
Minutes from previous meeting read and approved
Treasurer’s report read and approved
· A pair of Eagles continues to make the Trust their home.
· Information is available on a fly tying round-up being held by the Bucks County, TU
· Annual Polar Bear outing will be Saturday, January 23, 2015 at 10 AM. Meet at the Creek Rd. parking lot.
· The annual Chapter banquet will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2016 at the Willow Grove, Moose Lodge.
· A stream work project is in the planning stages for the Pennypack Creek. Mike Wilson will keep us posted as the planning progresses.
· There will be fly tying meetings from 7-9 PM at the nature center on the following dates: 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, 2/16, 2/23
· Beginners are welcome
· Members attending donate the fly’s they tie to the Chapter. They are distributed at the Lancaster Fly Show (March 5 & 6, 2016) as an incentive for people to purchase a book of raffle tickets for our annual banquet.
· Prizes for the annual banquet are: 1st prize a Tarpon 120 kayak, 2nd prize Orvis access 7’ 4 wt fly rod, 3rd prize is still pending but may be a fly tying bench.
· The annual Chapter trip is to Montana this year. Time is running out to sign up. Contact Mike Wilson if you are interested in going.
· Paula Piatt, from Pennsylvania Trout Unlimited with a presentation on the impact of drilling for gases in PA and what outdoor enthusiast can do to help monitor conditions in the areas they visit.
Back to Southeastern Montgomery County Trout Unlimited Chapter's home site