Southeast Montgomery County Chapter 468
Monthly Meeting Minutes
December 9, 2014
7:30 meeting called to order
President: Rich Terry
Secretary: Clem McLaughlin
Treasurer: Dennis O’Gara
Treasurer’s report read and approved
· Clem McLaughlin took the Secretary position
· · Discussion on new rails to trails project
· Bridge over creek at cathedral road being pointed and recapped
· Bryn Athen College has been conducting a deer study in the Trust since 2006. Part of the focus is the deer’s movement as related to the lunar phases.
· 83 deer killed by cars in and around the Trust
· 76 culled by hunters last year
· There are 4-hunts scheduled for this season
· Chapter made a $350.00 donation to the Trust
· Board members met with Regional TU regarding attendance at annual meetings, local dues and the relationship between our chapter and the region. Progress was made.
· There will be fly- tying sessions here on Tuesdays (other than meeting nights) in Jan/Feb 7 PM
· Polar bear outing will be on 1/17 (fishing, lunch at Millers)
· Penns Creek trip – 3rd week in April (grannom hatch)
· Trip to the Lehigh River-3rd week in may (May 23rd)
· The 2015 Chapter trip will be the last week in July/first week August. The location is Montana. We will fly into Billings and fish the Bighorn for one night. Then travel to Cook City and fish the Yellow Stone area for 5-6 days. Then return to Billings the night before departure. Approx. cost is $2,000.00 per member, less floats.
· Next year’s trip is to Alaska!
Speaker: Ray Miller
· Ray spoke about the fly tying DVD his company “River Sage Outfitters” made with Mary Kuss. He also provided free copies to all in attendance. He has trips scheduled to Alaska, Bahamas, Montana, Spain and Iceland. He also arranges trips for groups and individuals to destinations free of charge.
Back to Southeastern Montgomery County Trout Unlimited Chapter's home site