Southeastern Montgomery County Chapter 468
Monthly Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2016
7:30 meeting called to order
Rich Terry, President
Dennis O’Gara, Treasurer
Clem Mclaughlin, Secretary
Dennis Mora, Membership
Minutes from previous meeting: read and approved
Treasurer’s report: read and approved
· Good fishing continues in the Pennypack
· Lorimer Park “Rotary” fishing derby will be Saturday, April 23rd. volunteers are needed to help the kids with learning to fish
· A clean-up of the Trust was conducted on Saturday, April 9th.
· The Pennypack Stream Keepers are monitoring creek temperatures at multiple locations. Data was not available this evening.
· We discussed recovering trout in the classroom equipment that is no longer being used and reassigning it to a school that would like to participate.
· Planning continues for a summer stream flow improvement project. Volunteers will be needed.
· Banquet attendance was poor again this year. It is the Chapters major fund raiser. A board meeting will be scheduled to discuss our options for increasing attendance and profitability.
· The Chapter trip to Penns Creek was great. The fish were very selective due to multiple hatches on the water simultaneously. Everyone caught fish and had a great time. A big thanks to Dick McKinney and Lykens Valley Camp for hosting us.
· Rod Rohrbach gave a presentation on “tactics for tough trout”
Back to Southeastern Montgomery County Trout Unlimited Chapter's home site